It’s up to you!
This generation is asking for quality in life.
Bring MPOWRD to your school and community.
Participant Ages and MPOWRD programs
- 13 – 14 — 2B MPOWRD developing skills for communication
- 15 – 18 — MPOWRD the challenge to lead
- 18 – 24 — MPOWRD2 the ultimate challenge to lead
- Any addictive behavior may be cause to attend meetings.
- Examples: eating disorders, smoking, drinking, raging, bullying, “putting yourself down,” “allowing yourself to be a victim,” “being a perfectionist,” poor attendance, lack of “following through,” poor coping skills, cutting, etc.
- Confidentiality is assured as addictions are not disclosed.
- The steps will provide the guidelines toward recovery.
- Interactive discussion and support are encouraged.
- Leadership for each meeting will be shared among members.
- Program guidelines must be followed.
- Unconditional respect is required.
- Teens choose to attend meeting to help self or others.
MPOWRD Training Program
Facilitators will be trained personnel in youth outreach and addiction with certified background checks required within their organization. Ideally two facilitators should be trained from each location to provide “back-up” to meetings.
This program offers a comprehensive approach for individuals planning to offer MPOWRD meetings within their facilities. Redefining addiction, unconditional support, new strategies in empowerment, confidentiality factors, and creating balance and trust, are just several of the key components which will be emphasized at the training. Breakout sessions will be included simulating MPOWRD meetings and strategies. Lesson plans will be reviewed for consistency in approach and outreach.
MPOWRD training is available to: coalitions, high school staff, behavioral health providers, juvenile detention services, and other youth support agencies requiring clearance to work with youth. Certification will be granted when program is instigated at the site location within three months of training.
Trained facilitators are required to attend young adult groups.
For further information about bringing the MPOWRD training program to your community, contact: email@example.com